What's wrong with right hand drive?

FYI -- No alfa content.
  While browsing a few web sites today I found a link on a local AROC
chapter's web page (don't remember which one) to a company in England
(?) that sells parts for right hand drive conversions.  They stated
that they only sell to dealers in certain countries, which naturally
are right hand drive countries.
  Then I remembered an article I read on the Nissan Skyline GT-R and
how Nissan's standard answer to why we don't get it here in the U.S. is
that it's too hard to convert it to left hand drive.  So what?  Is
there some reason we're not supposed to have right hand drive here in
the U.S.?  What about those old mail Jeeps? (Hey!..you think an Alfa
V-6 would fit in a mail Jeep?  Another thread for another time).
Just curious...
Bryan Carter
No. Va.