Dual/single circuit brakes and hot/cold air intakes

All in one post! Arrrgh.

Earlier this week I was a looking at a 105 2000 GTV in ca ar yard.
Oz-spec, so its got the floor mounted pedals, twin double-throat
Dellortos and all that goes with that. Anyhow, I pop the bonnet to see
what shape it's in, in that department.

On brakes:

Sitting at the back left (pass side) of the engine bay is what looks
like too vacumn boosters bolted the inner fender wall. Am I right in
that this is what they are? I assume that the masters are at the base of
the firewall buried under the steering column, with a hard line out the
end, which transmitts the pedal motion to the booster, which then
transmits the assisted pedal motion to the calipers? Or have I lost the
plot completely?

On air intakes:

It's got the cylindrical airbox hanging off the carbs, but this breaths
engine bay air, because there's a coolant reservoir mounted to the inner
fender wall in front of the airbox. In front of the reservoir, there is
the "snorkel" which snakes around the radiator to the grill, for nice
cold air. Which it promply dumps onto the reservoir. So we have a nice
cool coolant reservoir and an engine-bay temperature intake. What gives
here?

For anybody who's interested, it's at Autostrada at Windsor, dark
red/plum (Monza?), with cracked cream upholstery. Dash has a radio-sized
hole cut in it. A little neglected, but not badly. Paint is  in good
shape. No idea about rust. They've got $3900 on it. No connections etc.

Tony
1979 Alfetta 2000 (parting out)
1985 Alfa 90 2.5i
The Alfa 90 Page http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7709
- --
Tony Lupton                          *     Astracon (Australia) Pty Ltd
Learning Products Team Leader     *    *   303 Coronation Drive
Email: t.lupton@domain.elided       *    PO Box 1656
Phone: +61 7 3368 6926                     Milton Qld 4064
Fax:   +61 7 3368 6999              *      Australia