30K mile waterpumps

Ralph@domain.elided said;

> My favorite alfa innovation is 30,000 mile V6 Water Pumps.

I've been lurking on the Honda Goldwing list recently, and Goldwings have
problems with their waterpumps too. They blame it on using antifreeze that
contain silicates. The silicates (fancy word for sand?) are supposedly there
to keep the passages scoured clean. But on the GW it chews up the waterpump
seal, causing leaks and bearing failure. Could that be the root cause of our
waterpump problems also?

Jeff Bennett
Friendswood, Tx