dual circuit brakes

1967 Alfas had single cylinder braking systems, which I believe was an
anomaly in the US, as I've heard it was federal law that all USA cars be
dual circuit design starting in '67.  Not sure how Alfa sneaked under the
curtain on that one.  Anyone care to elaborate?  Were any other cars in the
USA single master cylinder in '67?

For the record, even after an extremely hard vintage race my brake pedal and
brakes themselves are still wonderful.  I'm truly amazed at how good the
brakes are on these cars.  I use a carbon metallic pad and good old Castrol
Lima brake fluid, non-synthetic of course.  I use a simple hand held vacuum
bleeder when needed, and it seems to do the job.

Steve S.
'67 GTV  "Turner"
Seattle, WA
NWARC