Re: Jaguar - Rambler

Alfisto@domain.elided commented:

>Subject: Ford/Jaguar
><<Brian Shorey writes: " it appeared to be a lincoln continental with a
>>jaguar grill and hood ornament. >>
>
>Actually it was the new Jaguar S-Type based on the early 60's 3.4 sedan.
>It is currently (IMHO) one of the most gorgeous cars on the road with
>handling, performance and ergonomics to match its looks

Can someone tell me a bit more about this S-Type.  It has been pretty
heavily advertised over here, but the pictures consistently show ONLY
the front end.  Which is attractive, and certainly evocative of the Mark II.
But, the complete lack of shots that even show a side profile - let alone
the back end - led me to wonder if the thing looks like a Rambler
from the rear.  Can anyone confirm what its butt looks like - the
old Mark II? a Taurus? or, a Rambler?

Also, can anyone in the States comment on whether the S-Type is
in the  showrooms yet?  I'm in the midwest, and new, premium cars
take a  bit longer to make it onto the streets here  than they do on
the more civilized coasts.

Philosophical question: Would this model exist if Jaguar had not
been acquired by Ford?

Jay Mackro