Re: Engineers...

Rich wrote:

<<<<<
Except for fuel and ignition systems, reciprocating engine technology
hasn't advanced appreciably since about 1926.  (There is one notable
exception which occurred around 1945, but isn't used anymore.  The identity
of that advancement is left as an exercise for the interested student.)

My guess for Final Jeopardy: what was the Wankel rotary engine?

(BTW, I noticed your email ID of "drsavage".  Does that refer to a Street
and Smith magazine of the 1930s-50s, reprinted in the 1970s?)

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR (when the temp has reached 3 digits at
night!)
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 162k miles (with R134a conversion)
1991 164L, "Peregrine", 59k miles (good, cold air)
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 132k miles (new exhaust, but it's too !@#$%^&*()!
hot to drive it)