Things I have discovered reading Alfa Digest.

Hi All

Here is what I have learned by reading Alfa Digest.

1 - PO is the most mysterious force in the world of car care.  It is
responsible all stupid repairs, damage and other miscellaneous ways in which
our Alfas do not perform as expected, even on cars we bought new.  The PO
believes that all Alfa repairs
can be undertaken with a hammer, chisel, vice grips and bondo.

2 - The step motor is the essence on which all 164s are built, more
important than even the frame or engine.  I am sure that in building 164s
someone said, "Start with a step motor and then build a car around it."

3 -  Thread is a piece of material in which no one can agree.  People
initially analyze threads using simple lay-man's terms, but at some point
more sophistication is needed. By the time the Ph.D. dissertation in physics
or engineering is published on-line everyone agrees with the end result but
nobody remembers what the original question was.

4 -  BTW is code for "If you don't read this part of my response your
motor/transmission will fall out of the car somewhere about 500 miles from
home where the locals think a Ford Contour is exotic on a dark Sunday
night."

5 - SPICA is the goddess of air and fuel mixtures.  For those who worship
her with regular maintenance she bestows the blessing of reliability, good
power and smooth running.  For those who challenge her authority by
tinkering on sacred ground she condemns to a slow and painful death by poor
cold starting, oily spark plugs, seized pistons, burnt valves and the evil
smell of burning sulphur from her firey hell.

6- Dyno; the seer of all Alfa power.  No one modifies an Alfa engine without
praying to the great Dyno for pronouncement that the modification "Is good".

7 - GTV Coolant reservoir.  Soon to be the new standard of exchange used by
the International Monetary Fund.

I am a neophyte, but learning all the time

Regards

Kim

79 spider