Re: Header Wrapping Tape

One more thing about header wrapping tape - I have heard many people caution
that the extra retained heat stresses the metal and can cause it to crack.  I
believe this is mainly a problem on mild steel not stainless steel, but it is
possible that I have these two backwards.  Does anyone know for sure?  And
before anyone asks, I don't have shares in a ceramic coating company, I am
simply passing on the experiences of others gathered from various digests :).
 Using it as a convenient substitute for a heat shield seems like an excellent
idea, one I may employ around my GTV-6's rear caliper when I eventually reach
the reassembly stage.

Dave J (loosing my memory at only 34 - sigh)
1982 GTV-6

- --