Re: Alfa events accross the country

Don:
I didn't run into you at the KC Alfa Convention?  If you weren't there
you owe it to yourself to go to one of the Great Things (Sorry Martha
not just Good).  The folks in KC took us to the Arabia Steamboat Museum.
It is a not to be missed place (Thanks Strada Fantasma folks this was a
real highlight).

To make a long story short, This family of self described 'blue collar
workers' decided to become treasure hunters. They, using the painstaking
research and attention to detail which characterizes their whole
project, located the Arabia in a cornfield and excavated it.  When they
got into the contents they realized they had History not treasure. This
changed their lives, they borrowed more money and opened a privately run
Museum.  The haul is fantastic and interesting and when I think of Greg
Hawley telling the story to us, I get chills again.

That's my opinion, (A check of the mileage from Austin to Ft. Wayne to
San Francisco) Shows adding KC, MO to your route will only add a few
miles.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX