RE: alfa-digest V7 #899

>better that they don't bring Alfa back to the USA than they destroy a
>grand marque with their heavy-handed, short-sighted, production-
>efficiency-driven approach to the "vehicle" business. =

>Look what Furd is doing to change Jaguar into Jag-U-Aren't --
>degenerating one of the great car brands into a  Crowd Victoria/Lincoln
>Toad Car.

>Paul Rollins
>Vancouver, WA

In actuality Alfa has, in its' past, already produced Alfa delivery vans and
trucks. So what's the big deal?  You have to make what the consumer wants to
buy or you go out of business.  I would not be at all surprised to see an
Alfa SUV in the future.  According to a recent survey released in the UK,
that (SUV's and trucks) is going to be the strongest market niche for the
coming 10 years, IN THE WORLD.  For good or Ill, the US has become the
pacesetter. Carmaking is a business, not museum curaturship 101.

IMHO, if Ford had not taken over Jaguar,  Jag would be dead by now.  then we
would not have any Jaguars to push around anymore.  Maybe some would have
preferred that rather ignomenious end.  Compete or die!

	Jerry in Houston