Re: alfa-digest V7 #898

In a message dated 7/22/99 5:01:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Ok, now I have heard of the slow tach on a GTV6 but today while on a
 spirited drive home I went to rev the GTV6 up when I noticed that the engine
 continued to rev up but the tach stopped.  It would stop and stay at 4000
 rpm.   Now I know there was no rev limitter.  The engine definitely revved
 beyond 4K.  What's the deal here??  Later in the night the stop point
 shifted to 4200 RPM. >>

The actual indicator needle on the GTV6 tach is a thin plastic subject to
warping, especially in summer heat.  It may just be your needle is getting
stuck on the face of the tach and there is nothing actually wrong with
operation.  Check this first.

Charlie
AROSC