Re: Re: Alfas in movies

Just for the record- I own the actual Alfa that was used in Wayne's World
2. It is a 1967 Alfa Duetto 1600. The car was rented to the studio by the
prior owner of the car for use in the movie. To this day, I still find
feathers in the car when I detail it (if you've seen the movie, you'll know
why). There's a scene in WW2 when Mike Meyers jumps into the car. Well, the
first time they shot the scene, he knocked off the side mirror- ouch! The
studio replaced the mirror with a non-alfa mirror (yuck). When I purchased
the car I replaced the mirror with the original part. I can see where the
confusion is with the year of the car, because one of the prior owners of
the car replaced the original seats with seats fro a 69 Duetto that have
the head rest. In addition, when they restored the car over 10 years ago,
they moved the side mirror from the front quarter panel to the door for
better visibility. Other than that (and couple other slight modifications)
the car is a 1600 dual-carb 67 Duetto.

Eric Sands