Milano Brakes

When the car has been sitting for six or more hours, my Milano's
brake pedal is very difficult to push in very far, and doesn't
engage the brakes very well. All it takes to correct this is a
good solid push on the pedal, and then it will engage normally.
I'm guessing it's air in the system and it needs bleeding, but
the larger question is why would this situation occur? Fluid
level is fine.
Incidentally, it has also happened twice when coming off the
freeway.

As always, thanks,
Neil.

===