RE: Still more hot air

>My current 1969 Euro GTV has a cylindrical air cleaner housing which runs
>the length of the engine. The opening is on the engine side at the front.
It
>appears stock with nothing missing. The oval shaped opening points toward
>the engine and is over the thermostat (more or less). My previous 69 GTV
had
>the 1600 style set up and I have not seen any other stock Weber set ups so
>was wondering if mine is stock?

i've seen two styles of this cannister - the one you describe and the one i
bought (but have not yet installed) for my spider.  same basic cannister,
but in addition to the oval opening there is a round stub for attachment of
a cold air hose.  another neat thing is that the front of the cannister
rotates so you can open or close the oval opening, presumably to supplement
the cold air supply if you're not getting enough.

getting ready to take some measurements with the current curved air horns,
then see if this cannister offers any improvement.

later,

bs