Alfa Digests, head mods, and paint codes.

Hello fellow Alfa owners,

Firstly, I have not received an alfa-digest for 3 days, so I assume that
there is a server problem at the digests end. I hope this message gets
through...

I recently opened up the engine on the 105 GTV 2000 project car. The
previous owner had spent a significant amount of money rebuilding the
engine not long before I bought the car, and added some hotter cams and
high comp pistons to the engine. As the cam cover was leaking I decided
to whip it off and have a look-see inside. Very clean, but whoever
rebuilt the head incorporated a strange modification to it- the lip of
the cam follower bores have had notches machined into them, on the
exhaust side only. Each bore lip has two notches machined into it, both
on the side facing towards the rear of the engine (sorry if my
description is a bit vague). I cannot figure out the purpose of these
notches- they are a long way from the cam lobes, so lobe clearance is
not a possibility. It does not seem like a normal Alfa head mod. Anyone
have any idea's on what the purpose of these notches are?

Also, is there any place on the web where I can view a list of paint
codes (possibly with samples) that came standard on a '74 GTV.
Alternatively, if anyone has a copy of the original colour chart of this
car, would they like to e-mail me a copy? It is for a good cause- I am
trying to decide what colour to paint this car (I would like to keep it
an original 105 colour, and I don't like the Mint Green that originally
came on the car).

Thanks,

Sasha Nackovski

End of alfa-digest V7 #890