Alfa oil filter valve

Fred and all;

There is NO 60574569 filter in the USA. NO part number, NO reference.
Alfa supplies ONE filter, 60574554, the new smaller filter.

The existing filter is obviously good enough for Alfa to warranty the
cars for it. As we discussed, it appears to have a check valve in the
top. Part carries a 6 month warranty.

AlfaBill

> I have it on excellent authority that there are two oil filters for the 164
> cars.  " The 569 has a one way valve against the oil backflow // the filter
> 554 hasn't_ As you know the 24V engine has another similar valve along the
> oil circuit so that it is useless to have two valve in serie with the same
> purpose."  " Use 554 on 24V  -  569 on 12 V.
>  I cannot name the Factory enginner that produced this information.  So, if
> Tony d'Muro at ARI is tuned in, please tell us why you only offer the
> filter, 554, with no check valve.  Fred Di Matteo  AROC Tech Advisor in
> Fort
> Myers, Florida

- --
M a s t r o  M o t o r s -
Wholesale Internet Parts for Alfa Romeo & Subaru
http://mastroalfa.com/parts.htm
http://mastrosubaru.com/parts.htm