Re: I want COLD AIR -- Enough for hot air :)

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999, 9:04:28 AM GMT Jess Liao <jessl@domain.elided> wrote:

>Q. How do I get more cold air into engine bay?!?!?!
>
>What can I do to cool my Verde's engine bay better?
>
>I was looking at zamani's car, and noticed a rubber trim piece between
>from bumper and headlight/grill. On the passenger side, under the head
>light, behind the rubber trim, is where the engine gets the cold air
>from.  I wonder why put a rubber trim right in front to block the air
>flow.  By removing the rubber piece there creates an unobscured
>air flow path to air filter box, and with car in motion, we get
>a little of that pontiac ram effect don't we???
>
>Not only that, I also want to get more cold air to the engine
>bay in general, but particularly to the ABS pump. I like to know
>if anyone took off the bumper before to take a good look to see where
>can we push more cold air into engine bay??

You might look at it a little differently; maybe pose the question, "How can I get more hot air out of the engine compartment?" Stock Milanos have minimal cowl venting (IIRC); all of the venting occurs under the car. I believe this is a high pressure area on most cars. Getting more air into the engine compartment may exacerbate this situation. One would preferably remove air from the engine compartment above the wheel wells (or through) to maximize downforce on the front of the car.

Michael Hazarian
Rx Productions

End of alfa-digest V7 #889