California Dreamin'; 87 Spider FS

Sorry for the off topic 'Topic', but many on this list are California
residents.  I have an offer on a job in Woodland Hills, CA, on the
northwestern end of LA.  My question, mainly to other east to west coast
transferees is how does the cost of living stack up to say average rural
Virginia.  I know that the cost of home ownership is out of sight, and
several of you have bitched about taxes and the smog police, but what kind
of ballpark figure is the premium for this location?  Please respond
directly to me to avoid cluttering the list. I'm at:

bmeilink@domain.elided

If I take this job, I have a 87 Spider Quad that will go on the market.
55000 miles, no rust, new:   top, battery, tires, oil pump/distributor,
radiator, Master Cylinder, rear rotors, U-joints, flex joint, all new fluids
(Redline, Mobil 1 synth), plugs, wires, cap/rotor.  Good interior, good
body, red w/ black & gray interior.  Everything works (except a few courtesy
lights)  $5500.00 OBO  located central VA (i'll probably sell the car
whether I go or not, too many irons in the fire!)