164 Air Bag Warning Light

The air bag warning light on the dash of my 164S started blinking yesterday.
Before I rip out the passenger side carpet and get at the diagnostic
connector, I decided to run the impedance test from the wiring manual on
both sensor connectors. They came up to spec. I read both Karl Chen's and
Fred Di Matteo's posts on the 164 site regarding running the air bag system
diagnostic routine by grounding the B6 terminal. Karl refers to grounding
the wire in any way that you want. Fred mentions using a jumper wire between
the  A and B terminals. I'm assuming that the jumper serves the same purpose
as the simply grounding B6. Has anyone had any experience with running this
test? Any help would be appreciated.

My windshield washer fluid warning light came on and stayed on after some
spirited back road driving last week. The bottle is full, so the sensor is
either jammed or the connector is shot/loose/corroded. I seem to remember a
recent post saying you can cut the two wires from the sensor and join them
to permanently shut off the light. It looks like the access to the sensor
wires requires taking off the passenger side front wheel and plastic wheel
well cover. I'm capable of checking the fluid level in the bottle by eye,
and don't want to take off the wheel to get at the sensor more than once.
Has anyone done this on their 164?

Rich Lasner
Not sure if I want to list my cars since my last posting brought out the
worst in my fellow humans
Mill Valley CA