Clutch disc sticking, causes

Re: Jay Mackro's following comments about the "Tappet brother's"
misdiagnosis about causes of clutch disc sticking:("I will conceed that
Tom and Ray sometimes give totally bogus advice regarding car repair.
Like this weekend, they told someone whose clutch disk had stuck to the
flywheel/pressure plate after prolonged storage, that the problem was
with the disk rusting to the splined input shaft of the transmission").

This "condition" will apparently occur without proper maintenance on BMW
boxer-type motorcycles, as there is a routine BMW-MC service procedure
that calls for partial removal of the transmission from the engine and
lubrication (grease) of the splines on the input shaft to "avoid clutch
plate sticking due to rust on the transmission input shaft".

I strongly suspect that most clutch sticking problems may be attributed
to either rusted input shaft OR flywheel, or a combination of both.

Keep listening to P.H. Companion, Jay---it'll eventually begin to make
some sense!!

Regards, Jim Caldwell (transplanted New Yorker, happily in exile in
Iowa)  '63 Giulia Spider, undergoing restoration, slowly