Fuel consumption

Just a note from metricated England.

Following the thread - It is illegal to sell "petrol" other than in "litres"
(= liters) but just about everyone still measures consumption in miles per
gallon mainly becasue it's still quoted that way and also our official
length measurement is metric but I've yet to see a UK supplied speedometer,
speed restriction sign or distance sign in Km !! - so how can they expect us
to think of consumption in Lt/Km ??.

Someone told me that the metric system is being adopted in the US is that
correct ???.

geoff@domain.elided