Things Imperial AD V7 #879

Ah 'scusa me. We in Canada are proud to measure our gallons Imperially.
Although we're officially metric, anything measured in gallons, as in mpg,
would be the Imperial gallon, not the rather stingy US version. Ironically,
the Imperial gallon is no longer official in the country that invented it,
so no one actually uses the Imperial gallon anymore!!

So, how many mpg do you get Imperially speaking? I get about  22 mpg or 13
L / 100km in "normal" city driving and about 28 mpg or 10 L / 100 km on the
highway. My dear wife gets about 10% better mileage than I, presumably
because I find myself frequently actuating the full enrichment throttle
position switch (judging from the H2S stink from the converter). Winter
punishes the mileage by about 10%.
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada