Re: alfa-digest V7 #874

In a message dated 7/11/99 8:41:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
         We need 2 radiator reservoir plastic bottles, new or decent used,=

 for  our GTV6's. ( Actually, I'll take one, if necessary, and let my
 brother fend for himself!)

         Anybody got 'em? >>

I've heard these are now "unavailable" in the USA from some, that when
there's a production run and a shipment they're available for a while then
sold out, from others.  Either way, they deteriorate over time and you can't
really run without it (or a substitute.  I had a chance to pick up a new one
at the AROC convention last year, asking price $75, which made me choke,
having just picked one up for the Milano for $17.50.  My solution was a lot
of fun but no real bargain: I bought it (together with the similar,
"unavailable" windshield washer fluid reservoir for the Milano) in Italy when
I was there in April and May.  Your best bet may be tagging your order onto
the "Chopin Listz" of someone going to pick up parts there.  My GTV6 overflow
tank was less than $US20, and of course they're a little awkward in shape but
weigh close to nothing.

Charlie
AROSC
LA, CA, USA