Re: Car-O-Scope

Bernie Zelani wrote:

>You guys (the Tappit Bros.) really blew it on this one!!
>I've owned my `83 Alfa Romeo GTV6 since new. It will turn 360,000
>on the clock next week. I LOVE THIS CAR!!
>Boy oh boy, Bernardo, you picked a vehicle that just isn't quite
>right for you. You're compatible with your Alfa Romeo GTV6 only
>in terms of how much you really care about your car and your
>income.

Bernie:

Don't feel too bad.  I tried the Car-O-Scope (available on www.cars.com),
told it that I had an Alfa spider, and also got flamed back.  Except, for
all
the opposite reasons that you received - I'm too old, don't take enough
risks, too concerned with status, ....

My suspicion is that they have some profile of the "ideal" owner of each
car, and that for Alfas, they totally misunderstood what we Alfisti are all
about.  Oh well.

I love listening to Car Talk, because I miss hearing east coast humor
(I'm currently in exile in the midwest, occasionally try listening to Prarie
Home Companion, and it might as well be in Greek - I just can't
comprehend it all).  But, I will conceed that Tom and Ray sometimes
give totally bogus advice regarding car repair.  Like this weekend,
they told someone whose clutch disk had stuck to the flywheel/
pressure plate after prolonged storage, that the problem was with
the disk rusting to the splined input shaft of the transmission.  Huh?
Still, I liked their crack about the Census Bureau.

Jay Mackro