Re: Air temperature

Kim:

>You missed my point.  In a car sitting in the driveway with the engine
>running, or at least hot, the air will absorb the heat from the engine.
In
>a moving car new outside air (and hopefully cooler air) will flow into the
>engine compartment and will not have time to heat up.   Of course if all
the
>air comes through the radiator, then it will be heated by that, but not
from
>the engine itself.

Did you see my post where I calculated the loss of power between 72F and
110F?  For a two liter engine, there was a loss of about 15 HP.  The air
entering the engine compartment through the radiator is VERY likely to be
more than 110 degrees.  Even bigger loss.

Rich Wagner
Montrose, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco