RE: Cool, fast air; Shankle Quadraflow

Rich wrote, referring to the Shankle Quadraflow:

>3) Seemed to be a slight hesitation in the power band at
>around 2700 rpm. (May this be due to optimizing the air flow
>for above 5000 rpm?)

That's entirely possible.  The cylinder and stack together form a Helmholz
resonator.  At the system's resonant frequency (RPM), the cylinder feels
maximum pressure.  Unfortunately, somewhere below that frequency, there is
always a reversal, and the cylinder will feel low pressure.  That could be
the reason for your flat spot.  I wouldn't be surprised to find that the
stacks were tuned for 5,400 RPM.

Rich Wagner
Montrose, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco