116 clutch assembly question????

I am looking for an expert.

Can someone please tell me the difference between the tapered and straight
shaft clutch assembly for an alfetta.

My GTV is a 78 but the transaxel has been replaced so I am not shure what
the actual year of the box is???  Ho can I figure it out.

As far as I can tell the shaft in question bolts to the clutch flywheel
and it is supported with two bearings.  If that is true couldn't I just
swap the shaft to make it all work??????

Thanks for the help!!!!

Paul Gill

78 Sprint Veloce (Clutch chatters sometimes, but it shifts sooo nice 8)