Re: alfa-digest V7 #870

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< The Boot lid (ok, what do you guys call it?) falls on my head....whats the
 fix for this? Looks like some puny torsion springs in there.....
 Terry >>

On my 71, there was an arrangement forward of the trunk opening where the
ends of the rods connected to the hinges and intended to hold the lid up
could be adjusted by placing them into one of three slots -- very easy to do
without any tools but thumbs and it made some difference.  Then, do not park
facing into a wind if you intend to open the trunk (boot).  And, wear soft,
thick hats -- the woolly Russian type works well for this.

Charlie
AROSC