Alfa vs Bump

Hey Gang!!

I would like to thank all those who responded to my inquiries about cold vs
hot intake air to the engine.
The emails were abundant..but unfortunately right now, that will have to
wait. Here's why.......

Last night, driving home I hit a huge f*****g hole in the road where the
city had done some
work. They had thrown some asphalte over the thing, but it was pretty deep.

Anyways, to keep it short, the car slammed the bump so hard, that the oil
pan smacked the ground leaving an indentation in the road, the engine was
jerked upwards, creating 2 dents in the hood (the valve cover bolts made
contact) and last but not least, the oil pan was RIPPED from the engine. I
came to a screaching halt a few meters away and promptly shut the car.
As I got out of the car, I was practically in shock. I leaned over to see
oil dripping profusely from the engine. It was in tears that I walked back
the point of impact and picked up the shattered pieces of my oil pan. I was
totally dejected.
I had the car towed to my dad's garage this morning so I could really asess
the damage. I have called my supplier to get some estimates for the parts. I
already came up with a list of components to be changed. The initial damage
would seem
to be both oil pans and the oil pump. The lower pan was ripped from the
upper pan, but the upper man is still firmly bolted to the block.

Oh, did I mention I rebuilt the engine over the winter?Man what a kick in
the genitals!!!!

I am determined, and she will run again.........

Frank Forlini
74 Spider (on Blocks again!!)