Re: alfa vs bump

That sucks. I hit sewer covers, rocks and potholes with my 1750 way back
when, never as hard as what you report but enough to crack the lower pan
and require welding or replacement. This was before the sump guards were
commonly available (about '74). My present car is set up to the same ride
height as the 1750 was but has the steel sump guard in place ... it
grounds lightly a little more easily but nothings touched the engine
itself yet.

I hope yours gets repaired quickly and cleanly. Fit the sump guard if you
haven't got one, it should help to some degree but not necessarily against
the kind of ditch you ran into this time!

Godfrey