164 LS ignition Coil needed

Help US or Canada digesters.  I need a coil for a 164 LS (1994) (one of
six, they come one per cylinder for you who are reading this to learn).

I'm told that Alfa Romeo Inc's supply is on its way from Illinois to
Chicago. According to Bosch this is a part for Alfas only so they don't
stock them. Thanx to Alfa Bill at Mastro Alfa, Tampa for the research.
(I ordered both 164 L & LS car disk's from him in appreciation).

I would prefer a new one list about $50 plus tax and shipping but would
take a used one if I could get it fast.

Email me bennetts@bluebon,net or call 409 836-1302.

Anyone have any guesses as to why it failed?  I hear that this is rare
(47,000 miles)?  Car began to have a loping idle, run rough down on
power and noxious exhaust.  Diagnosis (thanx BJ at Alfa of Austin) by
removing fuel injector electrical plugs (old style have metal spring
clip retainers) easy to lose).  (Note: Remove plug to idle solenoid (or
whatever it's called) behind engine first. Or the car will not react to
one injector being disabled) Get an assistant to start engine and
operate accelerator as engine will not run with this disconnected.
While diagnosing, the coil went into final failure with a burst of acrid
smoke from below it's cover. Ignition shutdown and the smoke subsided.
Removal of the cover showed a cracked ceramic bakelite 'coil' which had
begun to melt.

Thanks in advance for help with this.  Alfa is supposed to have the part
available in a week or so I'd like to be a two Alfas on the road family
sooner.

Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX

The Good news? One of the advantages of having two Alfa daily drivers is
we keep them (or get them running ASAP) Diana's is doing fine.
(Actually  with the fuel injector disconnected and the coil removed, the
car can be driven on 5 cylinders)
bjb