Ram air for Alfas;some ideas

Greetings Alfisti!
       I've been reading the hot versus cool air debate with some
interest,and wanted to throw an idea into the discussion.
      Take a look at a Ford motorsports catalog.Within this catalog a ram air
scoop is offered for the '85 to '93 versions of the Mustang GT.This scoop is
unique in the fact that it's a ram air scoop that goes underneath the front
bumper of the car (looks to be about 4-5 inches tall and about 12 inches
wide).It requires very little drilling and looks to be very "clean"
asthetically.It attaches to the stock air intake plumbing in the Mustang
Gt;which in truth is very similar to the Alfa L-Jetronic air system in the V6
milanos.The scoop basically plumbs into the front of the airbox (which looks
quite similar to the Alfa V6 air filter/air flow meter boxes.)and requires
nothing more than some time attaching the scoop to the underside of the
bumper,and running the air hose to the opening on the air filter box.This
scoop is a better idea for use rather than a K&N filter set up to breathe
underhood air only.
        Cooler air in my understanding allows a denser air/fuel charge for
the motors, hot air is not good.You CAN tell a difference in your Alfas
running habits between summer heat and winter's cold,and this simple mod
might give a bit better performance from your car.Besides,the scoop is
unobtrusive and looks really good (always an added plus).
An idea for all,
Terry Akins
alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold (Alfie,wearing a spiffy set of 15" Verde wheels now)
1979 Alfetta Velocissima (Lazarus,soon to be terrorizing a highway near
you.That is, if I can get off my lazy behind and do the work it needs to

Proud supporter of past and present Welty Fund Drives.