Regarding reaction

Gordy, Friends on the Digest,

I had to comment on buying an Alfa via the net.  I have worked a couple
of deals for friends via the Internet with some success.  No money
involved to me, but good deals for folks looking to buy good Alfa stock
or decent race cars of various flavors.

I recently have purchased what appears to be a time capsule 63 Giulia
Spider, I will pick it up in August from the current owner who has had
the car in the family since the early 70's. I bought the car based on
messages via email, phone discussions and digital email pictures sent to
me by the owner. The car first appeared on ep.com and is in this months
owner. I don't expect to be disappointed, although I'm sure I will find
some things which don't meet my expectations.  I already am planning on
what needs to be done first, next and again.  First I will enjoy, since
I have not owned this year of Spider and can see me touring up Eldorado
Canyon road to Eldora then back to Boulder, CO on a weekly basis for the
grins. :-).

Alfa Romeo is more a 'state of possession' for serious Alfisti, which I
know the active Digesti (is this really a word) are all possessed.

Regards - mostly a lurker....
Don

> Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 21:43:34 -0700
> From: Gordon C Hyde <gohyde@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: haulin' Alfas
>
> Just wanted to thank all of you who replied to my request regarding
> automotive transport.
> In reaction to the current thread I will say that I won't be buying an
> Alfa anytime soon, even from a digester, unless it is checked out by an
> Alfa-nut.
>

> Gordy Hyde
> Bothell, Washington, USA
> NWARC         http://welcome.to/nwarc/
> 1987 Spider "VELOCE"
> "the top ain't been down since I returned from KC"

- --
Don Suiter - ALFA (always looking for another & Found it  -- 63 Giulia Spider)
Gone to crusher 76 Spider / Gone to the next owner 67 GTjr
ACOC Webmaster - http://www.csd.net/~suiter/acoc.html
ErEc Imaging - http://www.donsuiter.com/
Race Cars ForSale - http://atlas.csd.net/~suiter/tosneon/toscanoneon.html