Re: Weeping 164

[Graham wrote]
The left headlamp washer has recently started weeping washer fluid,
fairly quickly emptying the whole 2 imp.gallons of the bottle. Any ideas

why!!!???

[Lars replies]
Between the hose from the pump and the nozzle, or even integrated in the
nozzle assembly,
there is probably a valve that's opening at some pressure. It's keeping
the washer fluid from draining
out just from the level difference, but opens when the pump is engaged.
I guess it is stuck open. Happened on a Peugeot 205GTI I had some years
ago.
Try to disassemble the nozzle from the bumper and check it out. Maybe it
can be brought back to life again
with denatured alcohol or a toothpick.
Since I don't own a 164, I'm not familiar with the procedure of how to
disassemble those parts, but I'm sure you'll
figure it out.

Best wishes
Lars in Sweden
1990 75 TS