Re: alfa-digest V7 #863

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Does anyone have any recent experience trying to get parts out of Italy
 and back to the US through customs?  I might have some space in my
 luggage for some key pieces, but I'm wondering what kind of hassles I
 might run into.

 Dave Cole >>

Ran into none in mid May.

Of course, if you are buying anything of substantial value abroad, you may be
subject to an import tax, but if the value is low (less than US$200 or 400,
can't recall which), there is no tax, and if the value exceeds, the tax isn't
that much.

More to the point is how large and/or heavy the parts are, and whether you
can bring them as excess baggage, and how much that might cost.  Another
idea: ship the parts home via DHL.  If you're planning to spend much, see
what you can work out for a VAT rebate.

Buon voyaggio!

Charlie
AROSC, Los Angeles