Re: two odd-ball questions

I much prefer the earlier instrument/dash layout myself, it's one of the
reasons I wanted to stick to a pre-'86 Spider. Retrofitting the earlier
dash is certainly doable but at what cost? The dash unit itself is the
same, but you need to change all the air ducting, buy instruments and pods
for all the instruments, and then rewire the whole thing. A huge job,
hardly warranted by anything but style. You'll lose some of your AC
performance due to the ducting changes ... Older Spiders are best without
AC in my always humble opinion... ;)

Godfrey