Lets not do THIS again!

>From #860:

"Wanted to confer with a digesti who responded to an
earlier comment on this vein, but couldn't find the
message..."

(How hard you reckon he looked?)

"Of course the Draconian emission controls target
"greenhouse gasses", so called because they cause(?)
Global Warming(?). So "Global Warming" has been an
activist cause, Gore a leading acolite, Bubba twisting
the arm of local weathermen to give "Global Warming"
figures in their weather reports..."

Let us please consider two fairly important things:

First, I have noticed a tendency on the part of lots
of car guys to assume that every other car guy is as
rock-ribbed conservative as they are, or at least as
suspicious of the Liberal Lefty Tree-Hugger Agenda.
This has no more basis in fact than my own wrongheaded
tendency to assume that any intelligent, articulate
person I meet must be as liberal as I am.

Second, this is not the proper forum for lengthy
expositions of anyone's political beliefs, and, Mr.
Bies's protestations to the contrary, the suggestion
that global warming is a silly fable thunk up by
car-hating radicals is at least 98% political.

So before we replay the gun-control food fight, can we
please get back to arguing about oil?

Will Owen
...whose portion of the globe is REALLY warm just now!