Re: No VVT

> I also have an 86 Spider Quad with a disabled VVT.  Been that way
> for years.  I notice NO ill effects but I am intrested in what
> performance we are missing....?

If the VVT has been locked into its high rpm position, which retards the
intake timing by 10 degrees, you're likely missing nothing at all.

The theory is to advance the intake cam 10 degrees at idle and up to 1800
rpm or so to reduce emissions outputs at low rpm and then retard the
intake cam above that for better performance at normal operating revs. I'm
not sure how you drive your car, but I rarely run my engine much under
2000-2500 rpm, I'm more usually up around 3000-3500.

Godfrey