Re: Car transporters (again)

Having recently hired an auto transport company, I would like to share my
findings.  The Internet is an excellent tool for finding a transport
company.  Many transport companies have web sites that allow you to specify
the source, destination and target arrival date.  The transport company will
then e-mail or phone with a bid for the trip.  To my surpass, one transport
company had a picture of a new Alfa 156 on their home page.

Most of the companies that I contacted had rates very close to one another.
One company came in much lower, $750 for 2000 miles.  Coincidentally the
winning bid operated out of my neighborhood and had a truck at the pickup
point.

Ken Stevenson               Dallas, Texas
91  Alfa Romeo 164L
91  Alfa Romeo 164S
77  Lancia  Monte Carlo    -   AR 3.0  project