Re: alfa-digest V7 #852

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Consider that
 Alfa Romeo introduced two new and entirely different platforms (ahem)
 almost simultaneously (AlfaSud and Alfetta).
 	1	How many engineers did Alfa Romeo have to work on the design
	and
 development of the entire cars?
 	2	How many engineers do Ford or GM have working on heating/
 		ventilation/aircon systems?

 Cheers
 Mat >>

Ah-ha!

But can't you say the object at Alfa is (was?) to sell products that appeal
to drivers, while the object at GM or Ford was to sell products that provide
essential transportation while enhancing a sense of status of one type or
another?  IOW, the experience of actually driving is paramount in one model,
absent in the other (with the possible exception of Corvette)?

Questions of the ages to ponder as we come in to the United States' birthday
celebration.

To our friends in the UK -- no hard feelings.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA

End of alfa-digest V7 #853