Re:Car transporters (again)

OK folks-
I know this has been discussed, even fairly recently, but to save me
searching the achives - could somebody help with names, addresses, phone
numbers of automobile transporters.  I'd appreciate hearing what success
or failures have been endured also.  How do they charge on this?  Per
mile, I would presume.
Thanks

Gordy Hyde
1987 Spider "VELOCE"