Re: alfa-digest V7 #848

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Laws like these are passed in CA to try to make up the financial
  shortfall caused by the frenzy of the locals to reduce ordinary
  taxes.  Our friends in places like England and the Scandinavian
  countries would choke on their tea and herring if they got wind
  of the tax programs we have here.

  But even partial, rearward window tinting has a definite effect
  on the cabin temp of a car, even in our dry heat climate."

 As a Norwegian, I would like to inform you that we have plenty
 of speed cameras over here too, and the same goes for England,
 where I have spent many driving holidays.

Jorn, my comment was meant to be about the relative tax advantage we enjoy in
comparison to the civilized world and the resulting search for alternatives
in the form of fines, fees, and the like.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA