RE:More on Tinting

I think the tinting is a good idea, esp. here in south Texas.  I just had
the windows in my 93 164L tinted..cheaper than replacing leather, at 189.00
for a great professional job.  In Texas you can tint everything but the
front windscreen, but you are limited to 50% light transmission.  Seems that
the cops don't like coming up on a car they can't look into.  Looks great on
my red 164 and does indeed help to cooling effort. Any reputable installer
will know just what to use and there are a variety of grades and colors
available.  Mine has a 5 year guarantee against bubbling or peeling unlike
the DIY stuff you can get.

BTW, my sister works for the Concord, CA police department and tells me
about how many cars coming in from Texas and the south that have to have the
tinting removed from the car before being able to register it in CA.

Jerry in Houston

End of alfa-digest V7 #845