re:Oil pressure sender/oil level, windage trays

hi glenn ewe said:
>I did an oil change on my Milano today and I think I must have knocked
>something loose... the oil is in there fine, the new filter is installed,
>engine runs and sounds fine.... but the oil pressure gauge "bounces" now,
>and I don't recall this happening. It rises when the revs go up, but never
>as high as it did before.
>
>Where is the oil pressure sender? Is is possible I knocked the connector
>loose? What else might be causing this?
=================================
i'd guess that it's the sender itself that's failing - perhaps the gnu oil was
viscous enuff to push it over the edge.  unlikely that you'd knock the sender
wire loose changing the oil.  it's located in the ''v'' of the motor, at the
firewall - wery difficult to get at.  ewe need to either get a 'stubby' wrench,
or cut a regular.  don't remember, i think it's a 14mm

then ewe said:
>Also, I poured in 8 quarts of oil (after letting it drain overnight). Now
>the dipstick shows it pegged right at the "MAX" marker... this is after
>driving it a couple of miles and warming it up. How big a problem is this?
>Should I drain some out?
if ya dint pre-fill the filter, this is almost exactly what the capacity of the
we6 engine is...  anyway, if it's not above the 'max' marker, it should be ok.

has anyone installed a windage tray on their we6's?  ready-made piece or custom?

doug s.