Re: alfa-digest V7 #842

In a message dated 6/29/99 8:03:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Also, I am interested in tinting my Spider's windows. Having never owned
 a car with tinted windows, I would be interested in knowing if this
 actually does help keep the car cooler. It seems like it should... Also,

With a soft top soaking up the rays I'm not even sure if this would make a
difference, but before you take any costly steps, check into the legality.  A
spider has only the windshield and the windows in the doors (do not even
consider the plastic window in the top!)... here in CA it is illegal to tint
windows forward of the front seat backs.  My Dad did it, got caught, and had
to scrape the stuff off the windows in the front doors of his 4 door car.
Our 75 has a tinted rear window and the back door windows are done; the GTV-6
has the tinting film on the hatch and the "back seat ha ha" windows, but the
tinting in the glass is all that's allowed for the forward doors and
windshield.  Bernie or somebody I'm sure knows about TX laws, but it's worth
checking into!

Charlie
AROSC
LA, CA, USA