hard 164 pedal

> My 164S seems to have a slightly odd pedal feel.  My old L and this one
> both
> had it.  It is kind of like stepping on a block of wood.  If you tap the
> pedal once, it seems to feel better.  Any suggestions?  the brakes seem to
> work fine but the feel is just not there, never has been.

This is indicative of the master failing. If it increases when hot, esp.

Try the Alfa Romeo recommended flush of DOT 4 and replace it with DOT 3.
This is the official company procedure. This may help. If not, it's time
to change the master.

I found the flush worked in 95% of my driving. Only on really hot days
and heavy traffic does it start to harden, but not enought to apply
brakes like it did before. R&R with a new master is the permanent
solution.

AlfaBill
- --
M a s t r o  M o t o r s -
Wholesale Internet Parts for Alfa Romeo & Subaru
http://mastroalfa.com/parts.htm
http://mastrosubaru.com/parts.htm