Alfa 164S brake question

My 164S seems to have a slightly odd pedal feel.  My old L and this one both
had it.  It is kind of like stepping on a block of wood.  If you tap the
pedal once, it seems to feel better.  Any suggestions?  the brakes seem to
work fine but the feel is just not there, never has been.

Took a drive down the Dragon's Back last weekend in the S, WOW, what a
drive.  Not as hairy (or fun) as my X1/9 but my wife and 2 kids were with
me, try that in an X.

- --
Brett Melancon
Freeman Melancon Bryant Advertising
Knoxville, Tennessee

'91 Alfa Romeo 164S (hauler)
'91 Nissan Pathfinder (family hauler)
'81 Fiat X1/9 (English RHD version in USA)