Insurance Value

It seems many of us have problems with fair value insurance claims on older
cars. While insurance companies suggest appropriate appraisals be obtained,
there are no "certified/registered" automobile appraisers to be found in
Canada. While I know that it would be difficult to get fair value for most
of our "older" cars, there must be a way to improve our situation and
perhaps this forum could provide a good facility for this process. Is there
any support for such a project and if so who has any good ideas on how to
procede?