Re: Symbolic Motor Cars hostage situation

>Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:08:42 EDT
>From: Pottree@domain.elided
>Subject: Symbolic Motors sells excitement
>
>I don't think (correct me if
>you know a lot of underworld types shop there) Symbolic would have a lot of
>cash lying about.  How many people are ponying up $6 mil in cash for an
>8c2500 these days?  I'd image they'd at least use American Express (don't
>leave your senses without it, Sir Elton John).  So what did they expect to
>get, the office machines?
>
>Anyone in the SD area have more details of this krazy kaper?  Shots fired?
>Alfas hit?

No shots were fired and no cars were hit.  Apparently, the theives took
hostages and unknowingly ran away.  When the police arrived, they
didn't know the thieves were gone so they had a stand-off against
nobody and it took a while for them to determine the area was secure.

Full story is at
http://www.uniontrib.com/news/uniontrib/sun/metro/news_1m27main.html

They do mention Alfa in the article.

- -Dennis
P.S.  It's not surprising that crooks are stupid.  If they possessed
intelligence, they would be capable of making and saving money in a
legal manner and wouldn't have to turn to a life of crime.  Just
the other night, I heard of one man (in Florida?) who called
911 to ask if he had any warrants out for his arrest (he did,
they traced, he got caught, DUMB!).