1987 Spider Air Conditioner

	Bob Rand Wrote

	It seems the air conditioner on my spider quad is not functioning.
The fan
	operates, I can't get the compressor to kick in.  Some say just to
get rid
	of it because you don't need it, but I would like to keep things as
stock as
	possible and would like to at least function.  It's not that
affective when
	operating anyway.  Therefore...

	1- If the refridgerant leaks out below a certain point, will a
sensor not
	allow the compressor to come on?  Yes there is a low suction
pressure switch that cuts out when the freon level (psig0 gets to low.This
is similar to newer vehicle to
	prevent compressor burn-out. Yes.

	To check for low pressure if you don't have a set of gauges, you can
just across the low pressure switch which is usually located on top of the
dryer.

	2- Where are the relay(s) under the hood for this?  My 91's are
located on the fuse block under the dash, it may well have a fuse on the top
of it. The owner's manual
	states there are no fuses, but underhood relays.

	3- Has anyone has the thermostat switch "go bad"?  This is something
	probably can jump over to force a compressor start if all else is
okay. Not in a long time.

	As always, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Have a
great
	summer!!

	Bob Rand
	1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio